I haven’t posted in almost a year and my last post was about how I promised to update more often. That was, as the children called it, “an epic fail.” I created promises of updating on my life, but alas that did not come into fruition. So now, comes the rebirth(?) of this blog! To make this easier for my soul, I’m going to do a quick update in bullet form of things you may or may not care about.
- After this semester, I have two more semesters of school… or maybe one. Right now, I’m in a crisis in trying to decide if I should graduate early or not. Life is tough?
- I currently work for my school’s marketing department. I love working here and have learned more valuable skills that can be layered on top of my last internship. Nevertheless, I’m looking for a new internship to further broaden my horizons. Stay tuned.
- I’m going to miss SXSW this year! It’s not too bad as I end up exhausting myself, but it’s still really fun and it makes me a bit sad when I find out about all the cool things that are happening this year. BUT
- I’m going to Japan for spring break! The school of business presented this opportunity last semester and I shrugged it off because I just wanted to attend SX. Then, my friend applied to it and convinced me to do it. After talking to my adviser, I decided to apply for the class and program thinking that I wouldn’t get in because I wasn’t an international business major, but I got in. The real kicker is that it only cost $1500 (of my scholarships and financial aid aha), so that’s a really good deal that I shouldn’t pass up. I’ve wanted to study abroad, but I burdened myself with double majoring (a regret now, maybe?) so this is probably the best time to do it.
- I’ve been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. It’s a really good game.. until it prevents me from studying for classes. Shh, don’t tell anyone. (Sumia and Chrom paired together make a deadly alliance, just saying..)
I’m super excited for my trip to Japan. I’m counting down the days, but I think I’m just doing that because I’m kind of drained from school right now. I’m taking eighteen hours, working, and taking Strategic Management, a class that is notorious for being that “awful business class” because it’s the capstone of our time here. Being twenty and taking that class might be too young, because at least my other peers can drink their way through it. Honestly, it’s not as bad as I expected it, but pile that on to all of the other things I have to do is quite a bit. Also, people typically take that course their last or penultimate semester, so.. That being said, I know that I’m not as busy as other students too, so I really shouldn’t complain. I’m just having a bit of a crisis regarding one of my majors. That will be a story that will unfold soon, maybe?
I hope you are all doing well, assuming that people are actually reading this. Kumusta ka?